Changes Coming to the LDC Soccer Program
Parents and Players,
We are planning some significant changes in the LDC Soccer Program
beginning August 1, 2018 for 2018-2019 soccer season. LDC United
is announcing its affiliation with Penn FC Pro, which is central
professional soccer team. On November 15, 2017 Penn FC Pro
the establishment of this pro team which formerly operated as
City Islanders. With new management and ownership arrangement the
club will compete in the United Soccer League (USL). LDC United will
rebrand to Penn FC Youth and begin forming teams under that new
beginning with tryouts in this March, April and May. One of the USL
mandates is for each member to establish a youth soccer club. This
provided an opportunity for LDC United to expand and improve its
program by partnering and affiliating with the Penn FC Pro Club.
LDSA has had a long-standing informal relationship with the Harrisburg
Islanders so this union of our strong, competitive and growing youth
club with the forces of a fully professional soccer operation offers the
prospect of improvements for all levels of soccer in the Harrisburg
Here’s the key components of this new organization:
1. Travel teams will be formed in all youth male and female age
U9 through U19 under the auspices of USYSA, EPYSA, and US Club.
Multiple levels of teams formed within an age group as determined by
2. Structured training and development programs established for
age group and level of competition. Training programs will follow
recommendations of USYSA for player development.
3. Yearly team plans defined prior to tryouts to include league play,
number of tournaments, indoor training, special skill training, state cup
competitions. Fee information to be made available at tryouts.
4. Highly qualified coaches named for each age group and team prior
tryouts. Many coaches from the LDC program will be part of this new
5. New professional organization established to manage the business
operations of youth soccer.
6. New website to be introduced which will provide additional
functionality for registering for programs and special events. Efficient
soccer business processes associated with youth soccer to be provided
through the new website.
7. Support of Penn FC Pro organization to include office operations
support, special pro training options, game attendance and participation
8. New uniform package provided through Capelli Sports to include
kit, training kit, warm-up, backpack.
9. LDSA will continue operate the Recreational programs to include
Kickers (U3-U5), Early Soccer Development (U6-U8), SOLD (U9-U12),
10. LDSA remains the non-profit organization (501c3 status) that
both the recreational soccer programs and this new travel program.